2 posts every week showing you all the latest fads!

Tuesday 5 May 2015

Wanderlust Part 1: TrekAmerica


The Fadulous girls have been super lucky to visit some beautiful places in the world. We've used different companies and been all across the globe. We wanted to share our experiences with the companies we've used.
When I was 22, I was in a real shitty job. I was working enough to get me by, I was unhappy and dreaded going into work each day. There had to be more to life than this feeling of dread. My job was only until the end of September so I decided I would book a trip away for myself. Me and G were living apart at this point and I was desperate for something more than a beach holiday. I googled and I found TrekAmerica. On the Sunday, I emailed the sales team who told me everything I needed to know. By the Friday, I was all booked up to travel the West Coast a few days after my twenty third birthday.

The weeks leading up to my trip dragged but the moment I landed on California soil, I felt free. I didn’t have to worry about a thing whilst I was out there. All I had to do was make sure that I turned up at the bus each morning and have my passport on me for the flight home. We had a fantastic tour guide, Kaitlyn who was a fountain of knowledge for all the sites. Although I only got to see a handful of the landmarks, it was enough for the time being. You can do a number of trips with each place you visit; I went horse riding in the desert, did a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon (I recommend everyone does this), a limo ride around Vegas (parts of which I don't remember). Of course these all cost extra and you can do as many as you'd like.

Trek America can be pricey. My trip cost roughly £800 (not including flights) which was for 10 days around the West Coast. However, I cannot express how stress free it was when I landed in LA. I feel if I did it myself, I would worry about getting to places, especially if I drove and not being able to have a drink, about where to stay, people you'll meet etc. I know it's part of the charm for road tripping but this was my first trip alone so it was nice to have the security blanket of Trek America. They supplied the tents, you had a wholesome meal every night; it was an absolute dream.

Another good thing about Trek America is that you have up until 8 weeks before your departure to pay for your trip which is fab if you intend to pay it off every payday. You just need to either pay a small proportion of the trip up front. You can also book your flights directly through them too and can change it if need be!

Mission Beach - San Diego


Death Valley



Have you booked a trip with Trek America and not sure what to expect or any tips for travellers?



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© Fadulous | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig